Wednesday 2 March 2011

Procedural voyeurs

In lieu of anything interesting to say[1], I'll just point you in the direction of a couple of PCG blogs I have been enjoying: nullpointer, and Procedural World. Feel free to mention more in the comments.

[1] The closest I've come to being 'interesting' of late is realizing my fractured schedule was ideal for Facebook gaming, and signing up for Brenda Braithwaite's Ravenwood Fair. I got as close as opening the game once - but was luckily saved at the last minute by the fact it refused to sync correctly. Close call.

2 comments:

VRBones said...

I had a litte go of Ravenwood Fair to see what Romero (dind't know Brenda was in on it too) was up to, but left really disappointed. In terms of game mechanics it's almost identical to farmville, et, al.

I'm still looking for a social game that actually has gameplay at its core rather than social compulsion.

Andrew Doull said...

I think there's a tension between game play and asynchronousity that means what you want will always end up playing like Neptune's pride.

Based on the AARs for Neptune's pride, social compulsion may be the lesser of two evils.