Monday 22 August 2011

Oh no, not again

I mentioned previously a podcast I listen to, One Life Left, was on the cusp of reviewing Angband, but failed to do so, after YANR (Yet another Nethack review). It looks like Gweek, Boing Boing's gaming podcast was similarly in a position considering reviewing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup on their Dwarf Fortress episode [1] but again didn't. I guess as far as mainstream media is concerned, there's Dwarf Fortress, Nethack and ZAngband... [2]

Anyone want to start Roguelike Radio with me, a podcast dedicated to roguelikes?

[1] If you know anything about Dwarf Fortress, it's probably only worth a glance. They didn't ask the one question I wanted to hear which is how do you persuade the editors of the New York Times magazine to publish such a crazy thing.
[2] That is of course a gross generalisation. There's now also 100 Rogues and Dungeons of Dredmor.

9 comments:

Darren Grey said...

I'd be all up for a Roguelike Radio podcast. E-mail me at darrenjohngrey (adventurer) hotmail (floortile) com if interested.

I agree there needs to be a lot more wide-ranging discussion of the various things going on in the scene. There is so very much beyond DF and Nethack that doesn't get any publicity.

Andrew Doull said...

Emailed away.

Jory Graham said...

While I'm not sure I'd be able to contribute to a podcast about roguelikes, I would certainly listen to every episode of one.

Brian Jeffears said...

I'm not sure how I'd do/it'd go, but I reckon I could try to join in on such a thing somehow or another as I at least have a so-so mic. BRIAN13137 (usual symbol) gmail (the other usual symbol in this case) com

I do my fair share of ranting and link scrounging in text at least, so that's something.

Andrew Doull said...

Brian, sounds good.

If you're US-based, we may have a problem. I've tried to coordinate 3 way UK/US/Australia conference calls before. It's the definition of not fun.

Scott said...

I would love to join you on a podcast about roguelikes. I don't know how qualified I am, well besides being somewhat of a roguelike enthusiast. I do have a good mic though, and would be available at most times.

You can email me at scottedger [at] gmail [dot] com

Rodneylives said...

That sounds like it'd be fun, although I'm not sure I'd be able to do every episode. Maybe once in a while though.

Andrew Doull said...

JohnH: Sounds good. Drop either Darren, Scott or myself an email and we can add you to the scheduling.

Abe Heron said...

I wouldn't mind having a thing or two to do with it. I live in Canberra, AU, if that's anyhelp (abeheron@gmail.com)